Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Hello Knox area members. I seem to recall prior to covid there was a regular Meet and Greet gathering in the Knoxville area. Am I remembering wrong? (I admittedly COULD be remembering the wrong group here holding regular meet and greet gatherings)... Is there one that is just not well advertised? (I find nothing in the forums or the calendar)... Should we look at possibly getting one started?

Your Neighbor to the west from Roane Country...
Matt Lew.

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Hi Matt, You remember correctly. It was advertised to be at Bearden Beer Market on Kingston Pike. I went a couple of times only to discover that nobody there knew anything about it. I'm all for getting something started, any suggestions?

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Hi Matt, You remember correctly. It was advertised to be at Bearden Beer Market on Kingston Pike. I went a couple of times only to discover that nobody there knew anything about it. I'm all for getting something started, any suggestions?
To be honest, RL has been chaotic this year... I am presently in no condition to try to plan anything between now and the end of the year... Just got my 80 y/o father out of the hospital and have to look after him while he recovers (he is doing well), and hunting season is on us... If I heard something was happening in time I could probably show up, but I can not look into planning something. I would like to see something kind of centrally located for as much of us east Tennessee/Valley folk as possible to be able to make it on a regular basis, but I can't take more on at the moment. My hope is to get something going up here closer to Knoxville, then maybe find a place to meet further down 75 to facilitate Chattanooga area folk joining us. Maybe try to cross pollinate with East Tennessee Overland people to try to grow the community.

Sorry it has been so long before I was able to reply... it has been um... an interesting year

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Absolutely. I'm game for a meet and greet to hopefully plan some group trips.