Just got a TRDOR & looking for recos around pdx

• HTML tutorial

bikedogtaco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just got a trdor and i'm pretty new to off roading. I'd like to get used to the truck on some easy dirt or gravel roads first. It still has the stock tires on it as I have yet to upgrade them. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some easy dirt/gravel roads close to Portland where i wouldn't have to worry too much about the stock tires or needing to get recovered? Some flat-ish fire roads would be perfect I think.... I'm on the east side of pdx near Mall 205. I'll try to upload some truck pics too... Thanks in Advance!!52011244_10156979607237298_7088693412941004800_n.jpg 52153223_10156984684302298_3124805779782107136_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just got a trdor and i'm pretty new to off roading. I'd like to get used to the truck on some easy dirt or gravel roads first. It still has the stock tires on it as I have yet to upgrade them. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some easy dirt/gravel roads close to Portland where i wouldn't have to worry too much about the stock tires or needing to get recovered? Some flat-ish fire roads would be perfect I think.... I'm on the east side of pdx near Mall 205. I'll try to upload some truck pics too... Thanks in Advance!!View attachment 86329 View attachment 86330
Good looking Toy and Pup....

Reactions: bikedogtaco

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

If you head out past Estacada on Highway 224 there is lots of gravel roads around there that lead to nice views and hidden little spots. Your biggest worry this time of year is going to be snow. Make sure to let people know where you intend on traveling for the day and always take with stuff to stay overnight a day or two in the event that you do get stuck or a tree blows down behind your vehicle and you can't get back basic survival gear we'll make it a non life-threatening situation.

bikedogtaco

Rank 0

Contributor I

If you head out past Estacada on Highway 224 there is lots of gravel roads around there that lead to nice views and hidden little spots. Your biggest worry this time of year is going to be snow. Make sure to let people know where you intend on traveling for the day and always take with stuff to stay overnight a day or two in the event that you do get stuck or a tree blows down behind your vehicle and you can't get back basic survival gear we'll make it a non life-threatening situation.
Awesome, thanks! I almost headed out that way today but just wound up doing a tour of the undeveloped roads and alleys of portland, ha! Good lookin out on the survival gear as I was kinda forgetting that part. Hopefully I'll head out toward Estacada soon, thanks for the tip!

DashTrash

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Razzeto
Goat mountain for sure. Fish Creek Rd. off 224 out of Estacada and also the other side of river, Hillockburn Rd off 211.