• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

I had some time last night to do a quick run, so I loaded my quad into the truck and headed out towards Kelly lake. I took my quad due to time, I can cover rough ground a lot quicker, so I parked the truck at the junction of the Jesmond road, and the Clinton-pavilion road. I had originally planned to run the power line road to the lookout road, but I was trying to keep the trip to four hours so I took the Jesmond road about 39km to the Jesmond lookout road. It’s 11km from the junction to the lookout, it’s a narrow road that winds through the timber till it opens to the alpine a few km from the lookout. This whole drive is doable in vehicle with decent ground clearance, it’s got some loose rocky sections, the top bit once you go through the gate gets steeper and tougher but still drive able, but it’s tight at the top to turn around if there are a few vehicles.
View attachment 110227
The turn off for the lookout road.
View attachment 110228
My kinda road!
View attachment 110229
The end of the road.
View attachment 110230View attachment 110231View attachment 110232View attachment 110233
Pictures don’t do it justice, the Fraser plateau is very cool.
View attachment 110234View attachment 110235
The inside of the lookout, built in the early 1970’s and was used till 1999 to watch for forest fires in the region.
View attachment 110236

I took my GoPro with me so I’ll put together a short video of the road up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashton

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
Might wanna imbed those photos in your post instead of posting links. Would get more interaction that way!

Enthusiast III

Thompson-Nicola Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Masters
Member #

Here’s the video I put together so you can see what the road to the lookout is like, it was described to me as a lot rougher and really steep, but I’d have no issues driving our F350 up this road. I’ll be posting up a short video giving a tour of the tower in a few days, make sure to subscribe and hit the notification bell[emoji2]

Reactions: Blaklyte