Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Has anyone mounted Jerry cans like these laying flat without them leaking?
image.jpeg
Im thinking of making a mounting system where my spare tire used to be but dont want it leaking.

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
I haven't tried it, but you could easily test it with water or some such non-flammable liquid, and strap it down in the back of that pickup for a while to see if it does.

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
I honestly never considered an auxiliary tank, since it seems like just carrying jerry cans would be so much cheaper. It's just a matter of finding a place to put them. I'm looking at a spare tire carrier with an add-on jerry can holder. That will probably be my next big modification. Now if only they'd send us another stimulus check lol...

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
FrontRunner makes a nice roof rack mount. Either single or dual. You can lock them up. I have something from Baja that isn't quite as nice.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

FrontRunner makes a nice roof rack mount. Either single or dual. You can lock them up. I have something from Baja that isn't quite as nice.
Roof mount is not an option for me. My fiberglass removable top only has about a 50lb weight limit and with my rack, shovel, and chain saw that are going on, Im already there.

Kyle FRO

Rank 0

Contributor I

SoCal
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
FRO
Check out the Front Runner rack, they have some great Jerry Can holders and accessories!

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

I've seen some laid on the longest side on roofs (right side of your picture).

I've had the midwest ones for a while and think they're good. Fair amount of abuse in the year that I've owned them.

IAm_Not_Lost

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Yeats
Member #

Frontrunner uses a mounting system that puts them on their back spine and they don't seem to have any trouble. As others have said, probably as long as they are quality products.

Reactions: Kyle FRO

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

So I went ahead and made a mounting plate and attached it to my smittybuilt bumper to carry the can on the rear. I decided, at some point, to make a spare parts compartment for mounting where the spare tire goes.
image.jpeg