Jeep Rear Storage Bin Customized For Recovery Gear

• HTML tutorial

irvinemike

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

This is my daily driver so certain things like a quite, smooth ride and cargo space is important. So I built custom foam cutouts for a few recovery items /hard top and door removal tools (green case)/ tire deflator (inside green case)/ winch remote. Aesthetics and cool points was also just as important. Think Icon vehicles, think James Bond. Here is something I decided to experiment with this weekend using the existing factory cargo bin and I think it turned out pretty good. Hopefully if you need something similar, it will give you some options or at the very least, it will inspire some other ideas this could be applicable to.

Purpose: To always carry the bear essential recovery gear on the vehicle while being out of sight and not taking up any additional storage. I also wanted to get some of the heavier, noisier items taken care of and just out of the way. The winch cable is wound in a circle, in a 4" circular shape and capped off with the remaining cut out piece to keep the line in place.

_DSC0958.JPG

_DSC0959.JPG

_DSC0962.JPG

_DSC0962.JPG

Total Cost: $35.00

Use a thin saw blade from Home Depot $3.00 for detailed cut outs. Use pliers to cut in an angle, one end off the saw so it creates a sharp point. (think pumpkin carving tool)

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Great job man! Kaizen foam FTW! I tried something similar in multiple layers a while back and loved it. I did relocate it all into a Pelican case several months ago though so I can be more mobile if need be.

No rattles = Happiness