Jeep/Chrysler/dodge owners. Appcar-diag FCA windows software for diagonstics/configuration

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am not endorsed, paid or otherwise compensated for this. But I just went out at our Patriot and I have a few things fixed up on the rig now the way I want it. First off, At the dealer the largest tire size they can program into the jeep is 255/60 as it's what on the FDII patriot. We have 235/65/17s on ours and the transmission shift points were off and she was more high strung on the highway where it would shift to 5th often to keep speed. Now, that is fixed with the proper tire size.

Next up, my headlights were a little on the "dim" side. The voltage to them were at 12.6v. I increased them to 13.2 and you could notice a difference in brightness on the garage door. Next up, I changed my DRL to my low beam, for now. After I get LED bulbs in my front signal lights I will move the DRL to them. That will stop flickering of LED headlights if we chose to go that route.

There are a multitude of settings you can change depending on your vehicle. I have most of what I want to change done now. But I am going to investigate further of what we can do with it.

Worth the money I paid for it. I paid a long time ago and can't remember how much. Also, it works with the cheap BLM232 obd2 readers.

Reactions: PNW-Explorer

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Bummer. It looks like my vehicles are all at least 10 years too old for this to apply.

Looks like it could be pretty useful for owners of new vehicles.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Bummer. It looks like my vehicles are all at least 10 years too old for this to apply.

Looks like it could be pretty useful for owners of new vehicles.
I wish I had that problem too! ha ha. Everything up here that is old school cool is either someone's prized possession with no chance of sale, or it's a pile of red dust. I would love to have a 2nd gen 4runner, square body burb or disco II. Something like that. No dice up here. My holy grail would be a 2003 King ranch crew. Had one before and it was the best truck I ever owned.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
So after driving this weekend around town and Kelly driving it to work on Friday, We both agree that it has made a major difference to the drivability of the patriot to have the proper sized tires inputed into the computer of the jeep. Transmission shifts are in the correct place, smooth and proper. The rig feels peppier as the transmission is shifting in the correct places instead of lagging and us having to manual shift it. it holds 6th gear much better on the highway now, and if it does shift to 5th, it will drop back to 6th automatically instead of me having to force it! All around, a much better driving vehicle. Can't wait to see the MPG increase when on a good road trip.

Stay tuned for that soon!