Launch Member

Contributor II

Marion, VA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Schumaker
Member #

Here is my new to me 2015 jk and my 2018 tigermoth trailer by TAXA Outdoors hopefully it be a great overlanding vehicle when I’m done with my upgrades.
Have you taken it off road? I was considering one but the TAXA Cricket FB group are detailing massive cracks in the superstructure. (Door Frames especially)

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I'll play! My 2012 JKU, 0 options from the factory.
Over the years its gotten: 2.5" teraflex lift, tire carrier and crappy 9550 shocks, rockhard rails and harness bar, my ancient milemarker winch on a plate up front, bedlined tub, 2m radio, 35's, trutrac, 6sp, 4.56 gears, rubicon express flexarms and front trackbar.
My front rotors are shot and I tore a front brake line so a big brake kit and longer front lines are going in this weekend.

I got this thing new and its been an amazing truck for the past 140k. it still cleans up OK with all the dents and scratches its gotten over the years.

heep.jpg

Nick_Gomez81

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Land O' Lakes, FL, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Gomez
Member #

So I had a 2014 JKU built pretty decently, but it was totaled by driver running a light so I have to start all over. My new Jeep is a 2019 JLU Rubicon. Over the last week I added a Gobi rack, ARB front stubby bumper, ARB twin compressor with M.O.R.E mount and a Warn Zeon 10-S platinum winch. I have also added my Midland CB and Midland GMRS radios. I will be ordering and then making the drive to Chattanooga to CVT for the MT Sahasta extended version tent in the next couple of weeks.IMG_1192.JPGIMG_1213.JPGIMG_1225.JPGIMG_1221.JPGIMG_1219.JPG

Expedicion Tierra

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Inverness, FL, USA
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Bartolomei
Member #

Have you taken it off road? I was considering one but the TAXA Cricket FB group are detailing massive cracks in the superstructure. (Door Frames especially)
The tigermoth is a lot sturdier than the cricket and the mantis. Since it has a solid roof. I haven’t takin it off-road yet since my wife had surgery and haven’t been able to handle any off-road or camping. If you go to the tigermoth owners page on Facebook there’s a lot of people taking them off-road. I think it’s build like a tank and the only issues I hear of is rivers piping out but mine has the metal frame wish is stronger than the previous ones with the aluminum frame and has less flex. They are great little campers with everything you need. Good luck and let me k ow if I can help you with anything else. Or if you are in Florida and want to see it.

juniorman

Rank 0

Contributor I

jackson wy
First Name
jan
Last Name
smertle
The tigermoth is a lot sturdier than the cricket and the mantis. Since it has a solid roof. I haven’t takin it off-road yet since my wife had surgery and haven’t been able to handle any off-road or camping. If you go to the tigermoth owners page on Facebook there’s a lot of people taking them off-road. I think it’s build like a tank and the only issues I hear of is rivers piping out but mine has the metal frame wish is stronger than the previous ones with the aluminum frame and has less flex. They are great little campers with everything you need. Good luck and let me k ow if I can help you with anything else. Or if you are in Florida and want to see it.
Where do people put refrigerators in the tigermoths?

Shrunkendead

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Carmichael
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

2017 JKUR with additions of 4” lift, 35” tires, Rock Hard belly skids front to rear, LOD bumpers, front & rear cameras...

Definitely agree with the comment of most fun ever.

Attachments

Reactions: stoney126