Enthusiast III

Gladstone Central QLD, Australia
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Hess
Member #

Hi All
I am currently using Hema maps on my iPad with an external Bluetooth gps, what navigation apps are you using is there better apps out there, I am also having an issue on how best to mount the iPad in my Nissan Navara, Anyone out there have one mounted in a Navara or Frontier?
Thanks Ron

Last edited:
S

SubeeBen

Hey Ron I run Gaia maps on my I pad mini works great. Not sure of hema maps but if it works for you use it.

Reactions: Risky

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

It seems that a lot of the rest of the world uses Hema, and the USA folks use Gaia. Not sure why. I notice the Expedition Overland team using Hema, and they are all over the world...

James

Reactions: Risky

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
It seems that a lot of the rest of the world uses Hema, and the USA folks use Gaia. Not sure why. I notice the Expedition Overland team using Hema, and they are all over the world...

James
Because Hema has abandoned development on its North American product. XO probably gets paid a good some of money to represent they use it. Lots of threads on this subject. I don't want to be "that guy" but there are other threads on what apps folks use and why. Also lots of discussion on Hema and its lack of support for NA.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/navigation-software-of-choice.18716/#post-252539

As for mounting an iPad/tablet I personally prefer RAM mounts. Some folks use the arms that go into the seat rail.

Risky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gladstone Central QLD, Australia
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Hess
Member #

Because Hema has abandoned development on its North American product. XO probably gets paid a good some of money to represent they use it. Lots of threads on this subject. I don't want to be "that guy" but there are other threads on what apps folks use and why. Also lots of discussion on Hema and its lack of support for NA.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/navigation-software-of-choice.18716/#post-252539

As for mounting an iPad/tablet I personally prefer RAM mounts. Some folks use the arms that go into the seat rail.
Thanks Man, yeah I did search a bit but I was after some vehicle specific mounts for the Nissan couldn't find that, thanks for the link there is some interesting stuff in there. [emoji869][emoji869]