Contributor II

Oshawa
First Name
John
Last Name
Philip
Member #

Hay All...

I have pickup a 2017 RAM and we are going to start back into Overlanding and just getting away from city life again. I was driving a 99 Cherokee, still wheel it, but found it wasn't as reliable as I wanted. I have spent the last few years trail running and "Offroading" but we just aren't liking it as much as Overlanding. So, getting back into a more Overland style I am finding I just don't need the Offroad capability I have built into the Jeep and that we like having move room. This all helped make the decision of going new and downgrading the Offroad side of things. Anyways.. I get sidetracked easy sometimes.. [emoji6]

Since we are hosting little camping and sightseeing trips for some euro friends we can't go for long runs. We have been asked to keep the travel times to less then 3 hours because they just aren't used to the travel we are here in Canada. So with that I am planning to camp at Mew lake in Algonquin for a few nights so we are central to all the trails and still close enough to ice cream at Two Rivers store. ;) Then we have to head down to Niagara Falls for a day trip or maybe even stay the night. Other then those two trips I was thinking maybe heading back up to St. Marie among the Hurons or maybe over to Fort Henry for the day. I have been trying to find awesome places to stop at along our planned camping and day trips but it's not an easy task. I have been looking through iOverland but so far I am disappointed at the content. I guess it's still a newer app up here. I am also going through geocaching.com to try and find some awesome little secrets to show off this great country but I must say, it's not easy to find things.

So, If anyone knows places to see or things I should do with our friends I would love to hear about them.

Thanks

Looking for no cell service, no job schedule and no stress.
Bring on the camp fires and stary nights with friends and family.