crazybigal

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oregon
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Swanson
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and am excited to learn from everyone out there. i live in the Pacific Northwest and I am looking to buy a teardrop trailer. I think that I may want to do some snow camping so I am looking to see what teardrop trailers out there are insulated and if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks for all of your help and I will be looking forward to learning from all the experience that is on the forum.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome from SC. You may want to post what you’re looking for in the trailer section!

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I don't know about other, but I built my teardrop with 1" of styrofoam all the way around. I also run a diesel powered truck heater. You just flip the switch and set the thermostat to stay toasty. It vents to the outside, so no worries about carbon monoxide.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Isn’t there an Oregon tear drop company? Dew Drop is a model of theirs?

HuddExpo

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado Springs, CO
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0PSF
My homebuilt has 3/4 plywood sides w/1" insulation on the roof and I am rarely cold. Many trips to the north and high elevations in the winter and as long as it doesn't get below zero a nice goose down bag has kept us warm.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Off Grid Trailers like mine are insulated. I believe it is R10 in the wall. Not sure about the doors as they are a standard production door not made by Off Grid... and yes this should be in the trailers forum.

Mods can we move?