Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Super awesome thread here, and I gotta say CRVenturer, great job on the "civilian sat. recon" lol.
As far as Boundary goes, a buddy of mine who is super into history (has a BA in it) works for the border patrol out of Collville, he might know something about it.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I’m going to have to check out the site once the snow clears out. Might have to see what I can find with a metal detector.
Let me know too, Im really into ghost towns. Also as a side note Im going to try to make the trip to Molson, its a mining town near Oroville that literally spans the US CA border. Its a kind of museum now too, so theres lots to see.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Let me know too, Im really into ghost towns. Also as a side note Im going to try to make the trip to Molson, its a mining town near Oroville that literally spans the US CA border. Its a kind of museum now too, so theres lots to see.
Molson is an amazing place to visit. Back when the border took a back seat to the men who built railroads and towns. If you look at a Google satellite shot of the Molson area, you can see faint outlines of the old spiral railway as it makes its way up from the valley below.

I live about an hour and a half drive North in Penticton. Chasing down the history of the old KVR and the mines in our area is certainly a bit of a past time.

Reactions: Jedi