I'm in Cherokee

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

What kind of setup is that with your Samsung tablet? Is that a suction cup holding that? Running Gaia? Trying to figure out what tablet to get and what mount to get for it. Thanks for info

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

I've been following you on YouTube. Where have you been?
Hibernation!!! Because we had some technical difficulty along the last major trip, film editing has been a source of great aggravation!! I have the next video close to being done. This is my last hu rah b4 busting my ass to do it again next year!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

What kind of setup is that with your Samsung tablet? Is that a suction cup holding that? Running Gaia? Trying to figure out what tablet to get and what mount to get for it. Thanks for info
Back Country and a mount that I found from years ago I had bought to see if I wanted to permanently mount a tab in the rig. It got forgotten about because back then in order to have hot spot you had to hack the phone. Now it works fabulous!!

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

JK72450

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arkansas
Back Country and a mount that I found from years ago I had bought to see if I wanted to permanently mount a tab in the rig. It got forgotten about because back then in order to have hot spot you had to have the phone. Now it works fabulous!!

Just my 2 cents but I use a"Magic Mount for my phone. It's a thin metal plate that sticks on the back on your device and attaches to a very strong swivel magnet stuck to the dash. It's very strong and should work fine for a tablet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Just my 2 cents but I use a"Magic Mount for my phone. It's a thin metal plate that sticks on the back on your device and attaches to a very strong swivel magnet stuck to the dash. It's very strong and should work fine for a tablet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app
It does. I also use the phone for video though. I've found the the magic mounts an excellent fastener but the mount itself is flimsy so it makes bad video

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Here is a new group I started just for sharing trails and campsites

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117132722405979/

I put the Cherokee trails in there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Just joined your group and downloaded this track. We are looking for a few trails to mix into a family trip to Gatlinburg sometime this year. Any suggestions on camping around these trails. Both dispersed to get away and established to get a shower? :grinning:

Reactions: Sir William Goes

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Just joined your group and downloaded this track. We are looking for a few trails to mix into a family trip to Gatlinburg sometime this year. Any suggestions on camping around these trails. Both dispersed to get away and established to get a shower? :grinning:
There is camping all around the area as far as shower I use either my solar shower or stop at truck stops

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
There is camping all around the area as far as shower I use either my solar shower or stop at truck stops

Our biggest problem is there's 5 of us and that's a lot of water to carry to bathe in. If we can find places to hop in a creek, I'm good with a quick bath like that.

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Our biggest problem is there's 5 of us and that's a lot of water to carry to bathe in. If we can find places to hop in a creek, I'm good with a quick bath like that.
There's plenty of those too just depends on when you go how the temperature is

erica stafford

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

louisiana
First Name
Erica
Last Name
Stafford
Member #

Could anyone give me some gps points for in and around gatlinburg trails and camping spot