Ideas on partial build

• HTML tutorial

Larry Sawyer

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Some great trailers on here. I have looked at most of them, and living in the Phoenix area, I even visited adventuretrailers.com and turtleback trailers. Both are great trailers, and if I had $18k-25k, I would love one. I may rent a turtleback in October when they have their outing up in Sedona.

For something more in my ballpark, I was thinking of using a MorrisMule as my base, and then customizing it to fit my needs. I like a lot of things about what the ugoat.us trailers have, but they did a limited production run and won't have any trailers until Spring next year at the earliest.

For those who have trailers, and those who have built them, how hard would it be to get the MorrisMule and then do some stuff to it (tongue box for batteries, find a place to put a small water tank, etc.) The one thing I don't like is it doesn't have a good place for a spare tire. I figure I could maybe build a swing away rear gate for the spare.

I'd love to get some input from folks who have trailers and/or built them. What do I need and what don't I need (batteries, water tank, frig, etc.) or could add later)?

Johnnie Canuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

As far as "need" goes, thats up to you.
In my build I didn't go with another battery and electrical system, i don't have a water tank and no fridge. For me electricity and running water cross the balance between "camping " and "glamping ".
The Mule looks like a good base to start a build. So whatever you want to add later is limited to what skills and equipment you have available. Or is limited to who you know!
If you want, you can find my build thread and see why i chose to do something's over others. I should even have an update soon! Because everything seems to always be an ongoing project!
Cheers and keep us updated on what you go with!