Ideas for NC/TN, Asheville area

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Waterbury, VT, USA
First Name
Rachel
Last Name
Markey
Might be sending it down from VT to end up visiting a friend in Asheville in October. Kind of overwhelmed by the amount of national forest land to explore. If anyone has any favorite areas down there let me know to help me get my research going!!

Seeking recommendations for places to visit, trail ideas for non mod 4WD (Ram 1500 no lift), dispersed camping. Must be dog friendly (GSMNP is out) , good hiking a plus!! Thanks in advance.

4runnerteq

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Jackie
Last Name
Barker
DuPont State Forest. Waterfalls, waterfalls,waterfalls. If you mountain bike ride you have to go. Pisgah Forest. Beautiful are just outside Asheville. If you to DuPont, get there early or go during the week. Crowds on the weekend. NCFS - DuPont Recreational State Forest - Waterfalls Graveyard Fields off the Blueridge Parkway Just down from Mount Pisgah Campground, Blue Ridge Parkway - Recreation.gov Frying Pan trail is out of the campground. Goes up to an awesome view from a tower. Brevard NC is an awesome town to visit. IF you mt bike and take the bike you have to do Ridgeline trail. DuPont Ridgeline Mountain Bike Trail, Brevard, North Carolina Our favorite place to visit. We try to go 3 to 4 times a year.

Last edited:

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
DuPont State Forest. Waterfalls, waterfalls,waterfalls. If you mountain bike ride you have to go. Pisgah Forest. Beautiful are just outside Asheville. If you to DuPont, get there early or go during the week. Crowds on the weekend. NCFS - DuPont Recreational State Forest - Waterfalls Graveyard Fields off the Blueridge Parkway Just down from Mount Pisgah Campground, Blue Ridge Parkway - Recreation.gov Frying Pan trail is out of the campground. Goes up to an awesome view from a tower. Brevard NC is an awesome town to visit. IF you mt bike and take the bike you have to do Ridgeline trail. DuPont Ridgeline Mountain Bike Trail, Brevard, North Carolina Our favorite place to visit. We try to go 3 to 4 times a year.

Move along people....nothing to see here!

• Haha
Reactions: FishinCrzy