• HTML tutorial

escape_the_paradigm

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Newark, CA
Member #

Great photos and a great looking trip.
I was up there on the 27th too. It was a bit crowded but the weather and the clear skies at night were amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 000

bolojohn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kingman,
Member #

Very cool and I am inspired. Will have to start using my Dutch oven... just curious were the iron grills yours? Looks like something good to travel with...

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Very cool and I am inspired. Will have to start using my Dutch oven... just curious were the iron grills yours? Looks like something good to travel with...

Thanks, I love the Dutch oven it's very versatile. I brought a fold up wire grill for the carne asada, but those iron grills were sitting next to the fire ring when we got there so I decided to use them. They were pretty cool and I was tempted to take them with me, but decided to leave them for the next person to use.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

bolojohn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kingman,
Member #

Just found an adjustable 8 x 14"- 20" iron grill on Amazon for $14. PPD. I have the wire ones but nothing like iron to do the job right...

bolojohn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kingman,
Member #

Looks like you know what you're doing with the Dutch oven I just downloaded a 60 page Dutch oven recipe / instruction book to my Kindle for $.99 this morning...

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

rad photos!! Even the food ones. my camping food never looks that good haha.
Thanks, I like to cook so it's fun to make a little more elaborate meals when the days are long and we have nowhere to be.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

I need to get on that level though I am still fascinated with freeze dried food haha so I'll keep that going until I'm sick of it.
There is definitely something to be said for light, fast and simple! Especially when there's something better to do than cook, like fishing!