Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Being a Gear Junkie and feeling that I need to try new gadgets just because I want to see how they work, I picked up the Ötzi Ember Grill that has been splashed all over my Instagram. All in I think it is a neat and pretty effective little unit that can be popped into a map pocked behind the seats or under a seat to carry when out and about. I don't think it replaces my Single BBQ Box but it sure packs smaller! If you are interested in checking it out here is the link to the review.

Reactions: Old Tanker and Road

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Thanks for the review. It looks sturdy and portable. Pretty small though.
For sure it is small-is. I think it would be fine for two people (or 4 if only grilling brats) but for a longer trip this would definitely be a back up grill that you could tuck under the seat. The real issue with all the newcomers in my mind is that the fields is getting very crowded and, although well built, I think people will cross-shop this with something like the UCO flat pack. In that comparison I would expect the UCO's price to be a major factor. And there are larger grills for the same money so it will be interesting where these guys land. At $99 this was the cheaper of the larger grills and I love the carbon steel, but that is a "sale" price and if you were staring at full list price ($250 for the same grill in stainless) I would think it would be a tough sell.

That being said as a small primary or handy secondary I think it is well made and does the job.