Enthusiast I

Mt Juliet, TN
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Zimmermann
Member #

Hey all,

I was thinking about taking my rig up through the Hurricane Creek trail this Saturday (6/22) on the way through to a family reunion. I am fairly new to the area and wanted to get some feedback on if my truck would be able to handle it and if anyone new of any current closures on the trail. I will be running the trail in a 2006 Tacoma 4X4 with a 2.5" lift. Mostly my concerns are more related to the water crossings as I know they have had some storms pass through recently and I don't know how deep the creeks run.

I am new to the community so if this is the wrong area to post this let me know.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey all,

I was thinking about taking my rig up through the Hurricane Creek trail this Saturday (6/22) on the way through to a family reunion. I am fairly new to the area and wanted to get some feedback on if my truck would be able to handle it and if anyone new of any current closures on the trail. I will be running the trail in a 2006 Tacoma 4X4 with a 2.5" lift. Mostly my concerns are more related to the water crossings as I know they have had some storms pass through recently and I don't know how deep the creeks run.

I am new to the community so if this is the wrong area to post this let me know.
Where is Hurricane Creek? TN?

Kurt Z

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mt Juliet, TN
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Zimmermann
Member #

You might consider listing the state in the title.

Ever been to Coppinger's Cove near Chatt?
Going forward I will do so. Thanks for the suggestion. I have not been to Coppingers Cove. Never even heard of it actually. How technical is it and how long of a run is it?

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Going forward I will do so. Thanks for the suggestion. I have not been to Coppingers Cove. Never even heard of it actually. How technical is it and how long of a run is it?
It has been many years since I've been there. I used to ride with a group out of Chattanooga when I lived in AL. Scenic water crossings with lots of trails and a few caves to explore.

I don't have any current info so I would just suggest googling it. I hope it's all still open. We would usually spend a few days in there at the time. Try this: Coppinger Cove Off Road

While there were some hard optional sections, overall I don't remember it being that hard. Let me know if you do check it out!

Kurt Z

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mt Juliet, TN
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Zimmermann
Member #

It has been many years since I've been there. I used to ride with a group out of Chattanooga when I lived in AL. Scenic water crossings with lots of trails and a few caves to explore.

I don't have any current info so I would just suggest googling it. I hope it's all still open. We would usually spend a few days in there at the time. Try this: Coppinger Cove Off Road

While there were some hard optional sections, overall I don't remember it being that hard. Let me know if you do check it out!
Absolutely. Thank you so much for the suggestion. We are taking a southerly route home via Gatlinburg after staying in NC so I may try to sneak this in on the way home next weekend!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew