Traveler III

Sutton Heath, Sutton, Woodbridge, IP12 3EQ, United Kingdom
First Name
Jakes
Last Name
van der Merwe
Member #

Hi there peeps,

Just thought Id give a wave here after waving in the ‘New Member section’.

I’m a South African living in Portsmouth getting more involved in the overland scene, i have been lurking for some time and watching one to many overland you tube series and have now committed to getting more involved with the purchase if my ‘Bakkie’ (aka Pickup Truck).

4BEE0A17-1F12-4203-8168-0258E1CC6049.jpg

Its a 2016 Ranger Wildtrak, 12K miles in the clock so a low miler which is one thing I really want to change haha!

Currently i am out camping near Corfe Castel with my Family in my father in-laws camper van but hopefully we can change that soon!

IMG_2684.JPG

Anyway as I said I want ti get involved in the Overlanding community and looking forward to meeting up with people soon!

Regards
Jakes

Mr E

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

U.K.
Hi there peeps,

Just thought Id give a wave here after waving in the ‘New Member section’.

I’m a South African living in Portsmouth getting more involved in the overland scene, i have been lurking for some time and watching one to many overland you tube series and have now committed to getting more involved with the purchase if my ‘Bakkie’ (aka Pickup Truck).

View attachment 95819

Its a 2016 Ranger Wildtrak, 12K miles in the clock so a low miler which is one thing I really want to change haha!

Currently i am out camping near Corfe Castel with my Family in my father in-laws camper van but hopefully we can change that soon!

View attachment 95820

Anyway as I said I want ti get involved in the Overlanding community and looking forward to meeting up with people soon!

Regards
Jakes
Welcome pal
We’ll have to get you out in the trails meeting more members

Hope alls well

Reactions: Jakes2514

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi Jake, welcome! Hopefully we meet up at one of the events or trips around the U.K. soon.

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Thanks for the welcomes!
We just returned ‘camper vanning’ and am happy to report my 3yo loves it which is great I’ m already planning the next trip [emoji16]

Ill head over to FB and find the OB fb group [emoji2]
Hiya Jake, welcome on board. We’re vanning too now, the comfort of a permanent bed has won us away from demountable camping. Hope our trails will cross one day!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Great to have you here Jake. Keep an eye on rally point and join the Facebook pages if you haven't already,.
Salisbury Plains laning trip coming up at the end of August Bank Holiday weekend.

Jakes2514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sutton Heath, Sutton, Woodbridge, IP12 3EQ, United Kingdom
First Name
Jakes
Last Name
van der Merwe
Member #

Great to have you here Jake. Keep an eye on rally point and join the Facebook pages if you haven't already,.
Salisbury Plains laning trip coming up at the end of August Bank Holiday weekend.
Thanks, i would love to come but it looks like I will be in the US for work so my truck wont be ready as it is currently with Ford sorting out some chassis rust [emoji53] was supposed to be done yesterday but still no word they just sent pictures that I posted in the build thread I have. Fingers crossed though it gets completed soon!!