wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I have an outing coming up where I'm inclined to just crash inside my truck, but am not sure how to orient myself to get comfortable enough to sleep. I have a fullsize 2019 Z71 Silverada with crew cab and it's not wide enough to sleep on the rear bench seat. I guess I could keep my knees bent but still thinking the bench seat width isn't adequate. The floor has a small hump in the middle, perhaps I could lift the bench seat and layer some blankets or something to not notice the hump? I know I can't sleep in one of the front seats.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

The width of the truck is the width of the truck. Floor meets doors, as does the bench seat. You wont gain much hitting the floor. Personally if those are your only two choices, I'd elevate my feet and sleep on the bench.

There are other choices, though, which involve the bed of the truck. Even still, with the Crew Cab, the bed is shortened. The double cab has a 6 and a half foot bed, which was quite comfy to sleep in on our 6 thousand mile trip. Not sure exactly which 2019 truck you have, new or classic, so I'm not sure bed length. But even the shorter bed, you could sleep diagonally and make it work.

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I have an outing coming up where I'm inclined to just crash inside my truck, but am not sure how to orient myself to get comfortable enough to sleep. I have a fullsize 2019 Z71 Silverada with crew cab and it's not wide enough to sleep on the rear bench seat. I guess I could keep my knees bent but still thinking the bench seat width isn't adequate. The floor has a small hump in the middle, perhaps I could lift the bench seat and layer some blankets or something to not notice the hump? I know I can't sleep in one of the front seats.
Do you use the back seat? Should be pretty easy to unbolt and pull it. Then a piece of plywood with just enough risers to support and level. Removing the rear seats in my ram was probably the most useful modification I’ve done.