First Name
Don
Last Name
Montalvo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UNA
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
I'm planning my 2022 road trip to Alaska (by way of UT|AZ|CO|NM|CA).

My 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR) has the full Goose Gear platform (rear seats removed) and their fridge slider (driver side rear).

Wiring is all done, but not sure yet how to secure my Dometic PLB40 battery and 150W/12V pure sine wave inverter.

I'd hate to drill holes into the Goose Gear platform and insert 1/4x20 t-nuts, would do that to a 1/2" plywood base that I can put behind the fridge.

Before I go down that road, thought I'd check with JLUR owners here to see how they're securing their battery and inverter.

If the plywood route sounds best, I'll check with Home Depot to see if they can cut and sand a piece big enough to mount both.

I can handle the drilling, t-nut, eye-bolt, bungee cord (battery), and bolts (inverter) stuff myself.

Attachments

Reactions: Outlandre

Outlandre

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Rafael, California, United States
First Name
Andre
Last Name
Ribeiro
Member #

I'm planning my 2022 road trip to Alaska (by way of UT|AZ|CO|NM|CA).

My 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLUR) has the full Goose Gear platform (rear seats removed) and their fridge slider (driver side rear).

Wiring is all done, but not sure yet how to secure my Dometic PLB40 battery and 150W/12V pure sine wave inverter.

I'd hate to drill holes into the Goose Gear platform and insert 1/4x20 t-nuts, would do that to a 1/2" plywood base that I can put behind the fridge.

Before I go down that road, thought I'd check with JLUR owners here to see how they're securing their battery and inverter.

If the plywood route sounds best, I'll check with Home Depot to see if they can cut and sand a piece big enough to mount both.

I can handle the drilling, t-nut, eye-bolt, bungee cord (battery), and bolts (inverter) stuff myself.
A plywood could be secured under the slider. Loose the screws and inset a few inches under , than tight the screws back.

Reactions: donmontalvo

donmontalvo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Plano, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Montalvo
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3UNA
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
I threw in the towel and had experts handle this. :)