Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Yeah it took a few days for me. You’ll probably get it Monday. They will email you your call sign.
I am now trying to understand the protocol. If I understand correctly, you need to announce your call sign every 10 minutes or something like that during active transmission? Trying to find thread explaining what to do or you tube vid!

Nickel

Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Is this it?

(a) The GMRS station call sign must be transmitted: (1) Following a single transmission or a series of transmissions; and, (2) After 15 minutes and at least once every 15 minutes thereafter during a series of transmissions lasting more than 15 minutes.

Reactions: Sheedy614

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

Is this it?

(a) The GMRS station call sign must be transmitted: (1) Following a single transmission or a series of transmissions; and, (2) After 15 minutes and at least once every 15 minutes thereafter during a series of transmissions lasting more than 15 minutes.
Yup that’s the protocol. Also you announce off with your call sign.

Reactions: Nickel

Nickel

Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I bought the Midland GXT Series. Not very intuitive out of the box and the little tiny instruction manual I need a magnifying glass to effectively read! Downloaded a PDF from their website and plan to print that out.

Pretty simple with the right instructions and 30-60 minutes of time.

Reactions: Sheedy614

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

I bought the Midland GXT Series. Not very intuitive out of the box and the little tiny instruction manual I need a magnifying glass to effectively read! Downloaded a PDF from their website and plan to print that out.

Pretty simple with the right instructions and 30-60 minutes of time.
That’s a solid radio! I have that in my 80 series.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

One day after filing my application online I was emailed a link to download my license in PDF format. :innocent:

That was fast.
I better look back at the page where I recieved my call sign last week.
One day after filing my application online I was emailed a link to download my license in PDF format. :innocent:

That was fast.
I better look at that page again. I just copied down my call sign then got off the page. Oh by the way. WSBC854 is my call sign. I am on the south side of Red Bluff Calif. In sight & west of I5 monitoring ch 16 & 18 when I am on.

ThorDev81

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Liberty Township, OH, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Horton
Member #

I know this is an old post but thanks for this! I'm working on getting my HAM technician license but figured I would grab a GMRS license in the mean time. This really helped as the FCC site is kind of a pain to navigate!

Reactions: Prerunner1982