Launch Member

Advocate III

Cincinnati
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Dungan
Member #

I’m out tonight hammock camping in the Hoosier National Forest beside Sundance Lake. Anyone else been here? So quiet and peaceful. IMG_0000.jpg

Reactions: Kent R and Beee

theriddler33

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Madison, Indiana
First Name
robert
Last Name
riedel
Member #

I've used to go offroading in that vicinity years ago and yes it's absolutely beautiful! It's definitely in the sticks as far as camping in the Midwest goes, very rugged country and creepy quiet at night but peaceful. I don't think you have to worry about being annoyed by other campers in your area either.

There used to be a county road called Combs Road that was used as an offroading trail before they shut it down. I took some Tacoma guys there a couple times and camped it one night too. I got to Combs Road by way of Hwy 135 and the little town of Story, but i believe it's just for the horseback riders now.

Enjoy your stay, couldn't ask for a better night to camp:smile:

TacoRay

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cincinnati
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Dungan
Member #

Just caught the sunrise and it was beautiful over the lake. Also, it’s easy to forget how cool the stars are when there’s no ground light to fade them out.

I haven’t found Combs Road, but it’s only my second trip in here. I’m surprised at how many of the lakes and ponds in the National Forest are actually in someone’s yard. I didn’t realize that government land would be so populated.

Anyway, I’ll definitely be back. There’s a lot more to explore over here.

Last edited:

CrewmaxTRDRockWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
Just caught the sunrise and it was beautiful over the lake. Also, it’s easy to forget how cool the stars are when there’s no ground light to fade them out.

I haven’t found Combs Road, but it’s only my second trip in here. I’m surprised at how many of the lakes and ponds in the National Forest are actually in someone’s yard. I didn’t realize that government land would be so populated.

Anyway, I’ll definitely be back. There’s a lot more to explore over here.
I was just down there a couple weeks ago !! We loved it. We were in the Charles Deam Wilderness Section! 50637.jpeg