Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I'm looking to sell my 2 person Roof Top Tent by Hi-Vis-Overland as I am buying a hardshell tent. This tent has been fantastic for the 2 months I have owned it. It has been slept in a handful of nights and is the perfect 4 season roof top tent for any weather condition you may encounter. I've slept through some very warm nights, very windy nights and extreme rain and have not had any issues or water inside of the tent.

Details and Specs are below. Tent is essentially brand new, and I have taken great care of this tent. This tent sells for $1200 brand new.

Sleeping Capacity: 2 persons
Seasons: 4-season
Size: 56"W x123"L x 48"Ht. (Open)
Size: 56"W x 48"L x 12" Ht. (Closed)
Sleeping Footprint: 56"W x 96"L
Weight: 140lbs
Base Construction: Welded aluminum tube with insulation and Diamond Plate cap sheet
Rainfly Fabric: 420D Polyester Oxford
Body Fabric: High Quality 280g Polyester Cotton
Mosquito screens: No-see-um mesh
Mattress: High density foam 2.5" thick
Internal Frame: 5/8" aluminum tube
Ladder: Sliding aluminum ladder
Travel Cover: Heavy duty PVC

Attachments

Reactions: sabjku

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I'm interested but I haven't seen much info about hi-vis. Would you recommend this over a smittybilt overlander tent which is cheaper, new?
I definitely would. Now I won't knock SmittyBuilt as I haven't used one or even seen one in person. But I can talk to Hi VIs and how great they are. The owner of Hi Vis is a veteran, and local down in Clover, South Carolina. Once you are apart of the Hi Vis family, you're in it forever. The owner will help you out with just about anything you need and is always available if you have any issue or question. Hi Vis is also expanding their product lines to include Hardshell tents that will be made here in America instead of offshore.

This is also a 4 season tent, so you won't have any issues taking it out during the winter or in major rain storms. I've had it out in some of the hardest rain I've ever camped in, and not a drop inside the tent. Also has the anti-condensation mat, so condensation inside the tent is generally not a problem either. This tent will last awhile with how well its built and the quality materials Hi Vis used. Price is negotiable too, just PM me

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I would second @JButtress 's response as well. Hi-Vis makes one heck of a nice tent, and absolutely the best value out there, period. There are numerous people on Overland Bound that run Hi-Vis, and some of them have multiple Hi-Vis tents! When you compare them side by side with other brands, you can definitely see the quality differences. And yep, Brad, the owner of Hi-Vis is a solid dude. I'll own one of their hardshell's as soon as they're launched.

Reactions: JButtress

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

I'm interested but I haven't seen much info about hi-vis. Would you recommend this over a smittybilt overlander tent which is cheaper, new?
I’ve got 2 hi vis tents and highly recommend them. This is a steal at the price. They were featured on overland bound expo East video, great review. Brad the owner is a great dude and stands by his product. Better then a smittybilt by far, and I’ve had both tents.