Launch Member

Contributor III

Bliss
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Nemnich
Member #

Anyone have or know anything about Hive campers, specifically the EX model?

TimBer98

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
-
Member #

Taco, I recently picked up my Hive EX camper in November and have camped in it numerous times. I had a great experience working with owner and am very happy with the trailer. I’ll post pics if you’re still interested.

Reactions: Guest_f40067

TacoDan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bliss
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Nemnich
Member #

Hey Timber98, I picked my EX up in March last year and yes Mauricio and company are great to work with. Glad you are enjoying yours. I think it is a well designed rig and would certainly recommend it to anyone. Would love to see pictures of yours.

NWoverlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DDY
Service Branch
First Responder Ret.
Timber98 and TacoDan.... We just ordered an an optioned out EX and hope to take delivery sometime before August. They seem like amazing trailers. I am curious to hear from each of you, now that you have had them for a bit, if you have had any issues with the build quality, electronics, charging, awning, heat, hot water etc. I am wondering if two battle borns will be sufficient and you have found the 2000 watt inverter to be adequate? Thank you for any feedback you may have.

TimBer98

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
-
Member #

Build quality on mine is excellent. Unfortunately with mine being built during the pandemic there were some items that could not be sourced. But not a big deal. I have two interstate lead acid batteries. They work fine. I will be upgrading this year to battle born LiFePO4 batteries. I’ve added some tie down track above the front box so I can secure items better and I will be upgrading the cross bars on the top to a heavier duty 80/20 aluminum bar and to provide a little more room for the fan to open. I sleep on top with kids and it flexes a little more than I’d like. I’ll update here when I do it. All that being said. I’m very happy with it and the customer service that Mauricio has provided. My family and I have been camping since November in it at least 2 to 3 times a month all the way down to 19 degrees outside. I purchased the insulation for the tent from 23zero; absolute game changer.

NWoverlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Graham, WA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7DDY
Service Branch
First Responder Ret.
Thank you for the feedback. That is all great information. I will post pics when we get ours!

TimBer98

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
-
Member #

They are made with wood or composite but clad in metal sheeting. I chose composite due to it being lighter and I don’t have to worry about moisture rotting the wood.

Contributor III

California, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Logue
@TimBer98, I ordered a Hive EX that due to be completed late March. We are stoked! Looking for more people who have them to get some insight. I also have a JLU Rubicon. I noticed you put your spare up top. Was this due to an any issue with the spare being mounted to the back of the Jeep with the trailer attached? Anymore picture of the Hive connected to the back of your rig? Would love to see more angles. It looks so great! Also, curious if you need to use a drop/raise hitch and what that looked like for you hooking up to the Jeep.

Last edited:

Ranger Overland

Rank IV

Traveler III

USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Carey
Member #

The 2020 Hive used in the above YouTube video is my actual camper. Heading back to Maine mid-month (Feb23) to go ice fishing/snow mobiling. Taking a few days to get there…Adirondack’s, VT, NH White Mnts.C9CB464F-D8DE-4ED3-8ADE-9BF1AE902DC3.jpeg

Last edited: