bruceharvey

Rank 0

Contributor I

New York
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Harvey
I'm considering buying a blender. My food processor doesn't do a great job at pureeing tomatoes or blending almonds for my almond milk. Since I'm spending money on a new kitchen appliance, I'm considering buying something that can also puree coconut, if I can get something like that within my price range. I'm trying to stay under 70€ for this.

Here in Portugal I can find some blenders below that price with 1000W and 1200W. These are supposed to be considered high speed blenders, but do all blenders with this power puree coconut? For the blenders I'm seeing, I'm not finding any reviews that mention pureeing coconut. Any advice?

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

cecald

Rank 0

Contributor I

Second the Vitamix blender. My wife REALLY wanted one years ago (can't remember exactly, but maybe 5-10 years) and I reluctantly purchased it for her birthday or some other event. She never really took to it ironically, but we have continuously used it through the years without any hiccup. Recently I've gotten back into smoothies, and use it twice a day. It flawlessly takes ice, frozen fruits, anything and just goes.

Expensive, but a buy once cry once purchase. I regretted the Vitamix at first, but am glad we have it now. Previously we would go through blenders every few months or max one year as the motors burned out.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Ill add that I’m also a vitamix believer. My wife makes oil based salsa. After killing 2 cheaper ones we bought the vitamix. It hasn’t hesitated at anything we have put into it in over 2 years. We bought the 5300 series

She made tomato based salsa with frozen tomatoes once. Made some noise as it did it’s job, but it did it. And the salsa was already cold once it was done. Lol

GirlGoneRoad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Tina
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Again second the Vitamix. It probably does not fit into the price range that you stated but it's worth the $$. I'm not sure if you have a magic bullet in your area, that is a really good blender and does smaller jobs and is powerful enough to puree coconut. I've had both. A Ninja is a good choice too but still may fall out of your price range stated.