Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
I did the same thing for my TS-480. It works ok, I do like the easy of removing it, but the control head does rotate a little bit over rough roads.

Do you have a link to the ram mount you mention?
I don't know for sure yet if this dimension will work or if I will still need an adapter plate to go to the Kenwood

Reactions: Hambone

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Brand NEW Antenna just dropped off by amazon...is this supposed to be bent? It is a NR770HBNMO Mobile antenna 2m/70cm, NMO, 40in
The bend helps the signal get around obstructions.

Just kidding, nope, supposed to be straight.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
The bend was so perfect I just didn't know. New one (replacement) will be here Monday... Amazon has its good and bad sides....
If they let you keep the bent one, just run it and stash the second one for a spare. The bent won't hurt. My dual band has a lot of interesting kinks in it from its time in the woods.

Hambone

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Scarlett
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WUB
I run a Yaesu FTM-100DR, it is a great radio. I have been running it for 2 years now and if I had to redo it I would buy it again. $254.00. Here is a link for it.

Reactions: TerryD

Hambone

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Scarlett
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WUB
I’m also running a Kenwood TM-D710GA, but this is a few more $$$. I run this radio on my Ford F-250.

Reactions: TerryD

Hambone

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Scarlett
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WUB
I’m also running a larsen NMO 2/70B Antenna with a hole thru mount ( you drill a small hole in your roof and the cable runs between the roof and the headliner), this mount gives you the best ground plane. I can get pics if you want to see what it looks like with and without the antenna.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I run a Yaesu FTM-100DR, it is a great radio. I have been running it for 2 years now and if I had to redo it I would buy it again. $254.00. Here is a link for it.

Yaesu is having a sale that ends tonight... The FTM-400xdr is 100 off right now, not sure what they are marking down the FTM-100DR to.