Greetings from Florida

• HTML tutorial

Qcon

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the access to this really informative forum. We moved to Sarasota, FL from the Los Angeles area and we really miss the mountains! We're a bit nervous about camping around here since pretty much everything here is trying to kill you.

With a new baby, we decided to get a bigger vehicle as family wagon/work truck/adventure mobile and bought a '13 Suburban. So much more space than our sedan and sports car! One of the first things we added was a roof basket and an ARB 2500 aluminum awning for our beach trips. Unfortunately, the more time I spend in the forum here, the more I want to do to the truck and get more road trips in!

Q

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the access to this really informative forum. We moved to Sarasota, FL from the Los Angeles area and we really miss the mountains! We're a bit nervous about camping around here since pretty much everything here is trying to kill you.

With a new baby, we decided to get a bigger vehicle as family wagon/work truck/adventure mobile and bought a '13 Suburban. So much more space than our sedan and sports car! One of the first things we added was a roof basket and an ARB 2500 aluminum awning for our beach trips. Unfortunately, the more time I spend in the forum here, the more I want to do to the truck and get more road trips in!

Q

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Great pics btw...

Mommymissle

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Vancouer,WA
Member #

Sweet RIG. Gotta love all the room in the suburbans. Love being about to park wherever and hop straight into bed without any tent set up.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Welcome to Fl. and OB! Yes we do have some nasty critters. Any tips or suggestions let me know. We have been to almost every State Park. To get into the popular ones you are going to have to book 6mos. to a year in advance. Very few places to 4 wheel,Ocala N.F. and thats about it.