Green lanes Scotland

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Good morning,

Long time reader, I'm at somempont going to become a proud owner of a 2017 jeep renegade trailhawk and I am keen to put it to the test. Other than going round the farm tracks in my area (West Lothian) I am keen to learn about the green lanes in Scotland. Is it any good or is there not that many? Is it like a subscription or is it free information to anyone who can find it. I've not searched this a hole lot but I thought this crew would know best. I currently use Google maps and at a push an old Garmin 64s I think.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dan
West Lothian

Reactions: Aaron Boyer

Aaron Boyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Carlisle, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Boyer
Member #

Good morning,

Long time reader, I'm at somempont going to become a proud owner of a 2017 jeep renegade trailhawk and I am keen to put it to the test. Other than going round the farm tracks in my area (West Lothian) I am keen to learn about the green lanes in Scotland. Is it any good or is there not that many? Is it like a subscription or is it free information to anyone who can find it. I've not searched this a hole lot but I thought this crew would know best. I currently use Google maps and at a push an old Garmin 64s I think.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dan
West Lothian
Hi Dan

Unfortunately Scotland isn't the place to go if you're after green lanes, as there only about 3 or 4 tracks/gravel roads that the public can use, which are mainly in the forestry areas (Galloway raiders road etc).

For stunning driving roads and scenery, Scotland and the highlands have that in huge quantities!

England and Wales are the best placed to get out green laning, and there are various maps that show the legal byways, I.e viewranger or wikilok and also Trailwise 2.

The vehicle sounds good mate, hopefully see you at one of the OB meets [emoji106]

Aaron

Reactions: JimG92

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
It's actually a huge disappointment that Scotland with its vast open areas and lax trespass laws but yet you cant drive the tracks.
All tracks in Scotland are privately owned so driving them without the owners permission is not allowed.

Reactions: JimG92