Mid State Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Little Falls, Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Finch
I'm new to the GoPro and editing video for Youtube, I made a test video and its high definition when played on my computer but after the upload on Youtube it looks so so, any tips or advice to have finished Youtub look bettter. Link to video

Attachments

Reactions: OBDave

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I'm new to the GoPro and editing video for Youtube, I made a test video and its high definition when played on my computer but after the upload on Youtube it looks so so, any tips or advice to have finished Youtub look bettter. Link to video
It may still be uploading the HD version. Usually the video will be available to play in like 720p and 1080 will come after. Also, when you watch it make sure you have 1080P selected

bulfo4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Szymanski
Member #

Looks like it’s 1080 to me. A lot of times if I’m testing video settings, I’ll export a much smaller clip to try out first (like 10 seconds). That way I can try it and it doesn’t take long to export or upload.

Reactions: Mid State Overland

ThorDev81

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Liberty Township, OH, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Horton
Member #

I know this thread is a couple months old but a few things with YouTube is that first it will upload a lower definition version of the video. It may take a few more minutes to have the HD version enabled. Also with YouTube you will almost always lose some quality compared to what you have locally on your own computer. I think it's due to the processing YouTube does. Lastly make sure that when you view the video that it is playing on 1080 or higher. Sometimes it will default to a lower setting and you can change that by clicking the gear icon and switching to a higher definition.

Reactions: Grasshopper's Path