Globe Valley, Western NC.

• HTML tutorial

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

I have posted a route for Edgemont, Mortimer, Wilson's Creek. There is another route in this area I would like to share. To reach Globe you begin as the previous routes by heading up Brown Mountain Beach road (1328) north through the ghost town of Mortimer (see my other posts for the highlights of this road) until you T with NC 90(dirt road). At this junction turn right and take NC 90 east. After heading up Staircase mountain you will turn left onto Globe Road (state road 1367). This road will take you to the community of Globe. The Globe road will bear right in town and will take you up the mountains to the junction of US 321 south of Blowing Rock NC. Enjoy the ride.

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

This looks great @Big E , looking forward to checking out this route. Since this is all still Pisgah, I'm hoping there might be a couple of campsites to be found along the way. Looks like this is around 20 miles, so it might be fun to stop and hang out a bit. Looks like there might be a few good spots for fishing as well. I'll check out your other posts as well. Thanks again for posting.

Reactions: Big E