JakJak

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Calhan, CO, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Freeman
I built my camper (not a wedge but not important) and we were out almost 100 times last year. I wore the doors out. LOL
So if you're only out twice a year, no. No doors.
I wanted quick access to my charging station, solar production and compressed air. And I used it.
View attachment 226809View attachment 226809
Would be cool to see some pics of your camper you built, looks pretty cool from that one pic

Advocate I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

My camper isnt wedge style but a similar I guess. We have a full interior build with a side hatch on one side. Honestly, I use it all the time and I wish I had one on the other side as well. It provides quick access to recover and camera gear and its nice to have that extra light when inside the camper. Sometimes I hang out the hatch and wash dishes if its really cold out.

Back country overlanding

Rank VI

Advocate III

Harrodsburg, Mercer County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Albert
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Well I decided to go with no side doors due to time constraints and the fact that I want to insulate the sides and run a heater port from my diesel heater. Then I can leave the tent down and cold weather camp in the bed.

Attachments

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

We ordered our Snap Treehouse with the standard 2 panels each side. We also opted for the insulation behind the carpet. I figure there nothing saying we “have” to use the panels. But now that I’m working on configuring the interior, I’m glad to have them.