Rank 0

Contributor I

Leavenworth WA
First Name
Ryanallen
Last Name
Totman
Member #

I have a friend that just got me into overlanding and im looking into getting my own rig. I found a 1984 Ford bronco with a 351 5.8 V8 engine, with a manual transmission. It seems like a pretty solid car to start building my rig but i'm unsure because its 3500, So i was wondering if i could get a couple extra opinions.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I have a friend that just got me into overlanding and im looking into getting my own rig. I found a 1984 Ford bronco with a 351 5.8 V8 engine, with a manual transmission. It seems like a pretty solid car to start building my rig but i'm unsure because its 3500, So i was wondering if i could get a couple extra opinions.
???? 3500 what.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That is an excellent rig to start with IMO.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
If your talking about the price being $3500, that's way to much for an unmodified 1984 model. Check with craigslist in your area and you should be able to find a decent 1980 - 1990 model 4x4 for much less. cash.

Reactions: M Rose

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Way over priced.... I picked mine up with a 4" lift for 1700
My daughter just bought a 1996 Land Rover discovery 1 for $1000 in Coos Bay area. No mods but LRD's are like jeeps they are always ready to go off road within reason just like a stock jeep.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If your talking about the price being $3500, that's way to much for an unmodified 1984 model. Check with craigslist in your area and you should be able to find a decent 1980 - 1990 model 4x4 for much less. cash.
Yea my 89 bronco with a lift on 35" tires was 1700, the guy was asking 2000 .

To the OP, check out www.fulsisebronco.com and chech out the noob flame free zone.