Contributor I

Richmond Virginia
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Madren
Member #

Here is the tank I used....

On DC-DC charger, 1) I needed a way to charge a different size and type of battery (100ah LiFePro) 2) I wanted a clean way to charge the trailer as we drove from point to point 3) leave it plugged in when we arrived into camp without having to think about unplugging it or turning off the lead to the trailer from the truck
So you can’t just charge the battery off the 12v lead in the 7 pin connector? I was thinking about doing that but I haven’t even researched it yet.

geoRunner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Atlanta GA
Member #

So you can’t just charge the battery off the 12v lead in the 7 pin connector? I was thinking about doing that but I haven’t even researched it yet.
I suppose you could technically charge the battery from the 7-pin, but 1) would not be efficient or supply enough real current (small gauge cable) 2) battery would have to be exactly the same as starter (chemistry, capacity, etc) 3) risk of unisolated batteries has a ton of draw backs (safety, drain starter, etc).

I typically over-engineer EVERYTHING, over research EVERTHING and over do EVERYTHING, but the cost to do it correctly is minor to the risks of doing it wrong.

Reactions: TacomaSparky

RusD

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Choctaw, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
D
Member #

Very nice build sir. I have a CVT as well, and you're right they're built like a tank. I've been very pleased with it in the year we have had it. What are the stabilizers you have and how did you attach them? If you can, do you mind adding a picture with a closer look?

Tully Mars

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Central Ohio
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Schirner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8JWW
Customizing a CVT Trailer as well. Interested in which Max Modular rack you purchased. Hard to tell from their website. Which length and height did you mount?

geoRunner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Atlanta GA
Member #

Customizing a CVT Trailer as well. Interested in which Max Modular rack you purchased. Hard to tell from their website. Which length and height did you mount?
Tully,

I went with the MAX Modular ALUMAX SL 70" Long Aluminum Bed Rack x 14” height. It is a great piece of kit, well engineered and well fabricated. I needed to do a couple of modificaitons to adapt it for my use, but nothing needing heavy fabrication.