Garmin InReach SE+ at Costco

• HTML tutorial

Empe Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belgium
Member #

Same here in Belgium . 35% off... He's now cheaper than the mini.
It's a Garmin deal , not a retailer deal.

They just want to delete this model in their range of products .
Gonna order one because the interface is easier than the mini. And after all, we're travelling with a car, so weight is not the most important issue....

Last edited:

Bert Fox

Rank 0

Traveler I

NV, USA
Update on the Costco Garmin InReach SE
The regular price is $400. The Costco deal is $230. So, yes, it is a pretty good deal. Know that it requires a subscription for it's services, but you can subscribe by the month and then deactivate it when you're not going to be out in the boonies alone. It will also receive the gps satellite signals and pair to your phone or tablet and it would replace the $90+ gps dual band receiver puck that I recently got. There is lots to research here, but as an old guy with a prosthetic and diabetes, it seems like a valuable tool! Another note to make texting easier, this will bluetooth to an app on your phone and let you send and receive text messages just like you do now.

Reactions: Overland California

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

I was looking at this, but for some reason my head says I need the Explorer+. Is that a legitimate thought, or is the SE+ "good enough" that I don't need the try and justify the Explorer+?
I feel the same way! I really want the standalone GPS unit of the Explorer+ but don't really want to spend the money since I mostly use my iPhone when hiking away from the vehicle and iPad in-cab. I like the idea of redundancy and not having to rely on an ever-changing Apple product to see my routes, etc.

That said, the SE+ price point is soooooo good right now, I can probably get over it and be happy. That's like 2 or 3 years worth of Garmin subscription offset - NICE!

Bert Fox

Rank 0

Traveler I

NV, USA
Mine showed up today! Time to set it up!

View attachment 81672
In my research and comparing, it depends on your intended use. For me, I wanted the two way texting, the SOS I use to have with my spot, and the bluetooth connection to a phone app. I already have the Dual GPS receiver puck, so I only need to activate the subscription for specific times of the year. The SE had the most desired features for half the price.

Reactions: sabjku

Trusty JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culver City, CA, USA
Member #

Perfect! I hate it when people come across valuable information like this and DON'T SHARE IT!!!!! LOL..... This is perfect because I was just looking into the in reach mini after watching a video on you tube. The last time I went on a day trip on a recon mission to explore some overlanding spots I was late getting into cell service area. So my wife who was pregnant at the time was upset because she couldn't contact me when I should have been within cell service by this time. We just had our first child and he's a boy, future outdoorsman and explorer. So now that we will be overlanding as a family I definitely want something like this. This is the least expensive that also has GPS. Thanks for the info!!!

Reactions: sabjku