Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
For pre-Christmas I picked up a Garmin Instinct Watch. On sale from $299 to $199. The selling point for me was/is that the watch has a feature that works with the Mini. From the watch you can send/receive messages from the Mini as well as the ability to send a SOS emergency message.

The watch is like a Casio G Shock with smart phone and activity tracking features. So far the battery has lasted a week without charging. It 100m water resistant etc. cool addition to have if you also have a Mini.

Reactions: dstock

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I've been looking at the Garmin Instinct as well, I'd be curious to hear what you think of it beyond the Inreach capabilities.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I've been looking at the Garmin Instinct as well, I'd be curious to hear what you think of it beyond the Inreach capabilities.
So far it’s been my daily driver. I put my Apple 4 watch aside for the Garmin Instinct. I like the always on screen, configurable watch face, configurable widgets, its size and light weight and comfortable. The function buttons are easy to use and it’s stealthy, meaning not obvious like the Apple Watch.

The smart watch features are what you expect as far as notifications. Has stronger vibration that Apple Watch. There are times I missed messages and/or text from my wife because I didn’t feel the notification.

The app reminds me of Fitbit. Nice customizable layout of heart rate, steps, sleep etc. you can control certain aspects of watch via app like alarms and other details, settings, account info.

In the InReach account my watch shows up there too.

Like the Apple Watch it does or can remind you to move. The app also integrates with My Fitness Pal, Office365 Calendar and Stava.

So overall it’s like Apple, Casio G-Shock, and Fitbit all in one watch.

Hope that helps.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
So far it’s been my daily driver. I put my Apple 4 watch aside for the Garmin Instinct. I like the always on screen, configurable watch face, configurable widgets, its size and light weight and comfortable. The function buttons are easy to use and it’s stealthy, meaning not obvious like the Apple Watch.

The smart watch features are what you expect as far as notifications. Has stronger vibration that Apple Watch. There are times I missed messages and/or text from my wife because I didn’t feel the notification.

The app reminds me of Fitbit. Nice customizable layout of heart rate, steps, sleep etc. you can control certain aspects of watch via app like alarms and other details, settings, account info.

In the InReach account my watch shows up there too.

Like the Apple Watch it does or can remind you to move. The app also integrates with My Fitness Pal, Office365 Calendar and Stava.

So overall it’s like Apple, Casio G-Shock, and Fitbit all in one watch.

Hope that helps.
That's awesome information, thank you![emoji106]

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
That's awesome information, thank you![emoji106]
Oh I forgot another important feature. Battery. So far battery has lasted a week compared to 1-2 days with my Apple Watch. That's really impressive since I get tons of personal and work email and tons of notifications from my home smart devices and 3 daily alarms. I charged it for the second time on 12/24. Today is 12/27 and battery is on full bars still. The negative is that the Battery meter show in bars instead of percentage.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
I picked up one these and I'm loving it so far. Still figuring out a few of the functions but it's exactly what I wanted and battery life is great so far. I charged it Sunday night and it's still showing fully charged. Thanks again for the info!

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I picked up one these and I'm loving it so far. Still figuring out a few of the functions but it's exactly what I wanted and battery life is great so far. I charged it Sunday night and it's still showing fully charged. Thanks again for the info!
Anytime. If you like the Mini also check out this watch that works with it Garmin InReach Mini GPS and Garmin Instinct Watch

I don’t work for Garmin lol. Just like gadgets.