US Southeast GA Traverse

• HTML tutorial

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Just finished our 4 day trip on the GA Traverse. We decided to travel west-east. Another member mentioned they cleared some trees over New Years and we reaped the rewards of their hard work, thanks. Interesting trip, especially on Tray mountain considering one truck was a stock Taco w no lockers or 4x4. Made it down it one piece after 5 hours of driving. First multi-day overland trip for all of us. IMG_3903.JPGIMG_3903.JPGIMG_3926.JPGIMG_3928.JPGView attachment 81468IMG_3886.JPG

Attachments

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

Good luck sir, it’s a beautiful ride. We lucked out w the weather, hope y’all experience the same.
Getting packed now. Quick question. Did y’all do the whole thing (including side trails)? How long did it take? I’ve heard 100 hours, so I’m guessing that translates to about 4 days. But I’m willing to drive after dark so I’m thinking we can do it in 3. We’ll be on the trail by 10 tomorrow and planning on riding til Sunday evening...if we have to skip all the side trails into Tennessee that’s ok..

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Getting packed now. Quick question. Did y’all do the whole thing (including side trails)? How long did it take? I’ve heard 100 hours, so I’m guessing that translates to about 4 days. But I’m willing to drive after dark so I’m thinking we can do it in 3. We’ll be on the trail by 10 tomorrow and planning on riding til Sunday evening...if we have to skip all the side trails into Tennessee that’s ok..
We started in AL and drove through the GA side of the Cohutta. Never saw TN. We didn’t take any side trails and just drove through the original tracks. We had 15 people and 6 trucks and the most crowded point so we only got maybe 4-5 hours of driving a day. Took us 4 days, 3 nights. One road closure @ West Skeenah Road. Just drove around it to meet up w Traverse near Coopers creek WMA. Good luck!