Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I will probably be upgrading from street tires to A/T sometime later this year, I was wondering what the best type of tire would be for 90% pavement driving.

I plan on using a 215/65-16 size (although I do have the option of using 235/60-16 if I want) and I want a tire that will last as long as possible.

Lifting my car is not an option as there are no liftkits available for it (airride is not an option).

What would be the right tire choice for 215/65-16's?

Toyo Open Country A/T+?

General Grabber A/T?

General Grabber A/T2?

BF Goodrich KO2?

Also, how wide of a wheel do I need for a 215 or a 235 tire?

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

No idea if they make it in that size, but I was looking at Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires. Also have mud+snow if I recall correctly.. something you kinda need in Norway I guess? :P
But I'm kinda biased as I can get Yoko's for cheaper but still.. seemed like a good choice.

But if I manage to get the cruiser that I want it has BF Goodrich AT tires already (don't ask me what tires, didn't see).

Chromedragon

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stockton, CA
Member #

My .02 I have had really good luck with Cooper Discovery ATP on my full size. I have been researching Goodyear Duratracs and The general Grabber X3 tires also they have good reputations.

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

Goodyear Duratracs are amazing in the snow. However, I would think that living in Norway, you probably have studded tires for winter and regular all terrains for the spring summer fall?

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

No idea if they make it in that size, but I was looking at Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires. Also have mud+snow if I recall correctly.. something you kinda need in Norway I guess? :P
But I'm kinda biased as I can get Yoko's for cheaper but still.. seemed like a good choice.

But if I manage to get the cruiser that I want it has BF Goodrich AT tires already (don't ask me what tires, didn't see).
I need wintertires here in Norway, even though it rarely snows here.
Goodyear Duratracs are amazing in the snow. However, I would think that living in Norway, you probably have studded tires for winter and regular all terrains for the spring summer fall?
I don't actually need studded tires in the winter where I live as there is almost never any snow here (and even if we do get snow, it's only 1/4" at most), as for summertires, normal street tires are fine.

Reactions: Anders0nic

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I've just invested in 5 wheels and they will have their boots fitted next Monday. after quite a bit of investigation I have chosen BF Goodrich All Terrain. I was going to opt for the BF Goodrich Mud Terrain but changed my mind at the last minute.

Reactions: Joey83