Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
IMG_0007.JPG Did some night Jeeping between French Meadows Reservoir and Hell Reservoir over the weekend of August 5th. Had to try out the new light set up.
There are some great Jeep trails beyond Chipmunk Ridge. Some of the trails are blocked by large trees, some are now passable as I winch some small trees out of the way. Take in the night sky at Chipmunk Ridge if you have the chance. There are also some trails on the north east side of French Meadows worth checking out.

Last edited:

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
The road leading north and east along the river will take you back to Foresthill. If you stay to the right, same road, it will take you to Truckee. When you're in the basin, day or nite, drive slow and watch the road and sides for bear and mtn lion. Large populations of both in that area. I once saw a bald eagle hit the water in the reservoir and catch a really large trout in it's claws. The fish was so big he couldn't take off. Using his wings he swam 20 ft. to a stump then using his beak and wings clawed his way onto the stump. He started eating the trout and when it was light enough he flew away with it. Neat place French Meadow.