Forest Road (and route) Question (Bayview, Idaho)

• HTML tutorial

PNWSubie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all, relatively new to this in a formal sense :P and I had a question or two.

I'm using multiple map resources, and just had a few conflicting answers and wanted some clarity.
I'm currently planning just a little day trip/date for an upcoming weekend, and I know we're doing lunch in Bayview, Idaho, and was looking for some good spots to head to around there. First I looked at Cape Horn Peak (4,519ft), but the drivability of that seems subpar for what I'm looking for. So I started looking next at Bernard Peak (5,156ft), but it's been awhile since I've been there, and that was on a mountain bike.

I'm using a Garmin Oregon 650t and the stock 100k maps that are availible on Garmin Basecamp, as well as the Idaho Delorme Atlas, as well as the Idaho Forest Service MVUM for the region. My question comes down to this.

Does the MVUM trump everything else? And how accurate is it? I'm thinking of gates at this point. THe road in question ( E. Bunco Rd.) is marked as a major connector on my Delorme atlas, and shows open year round to all vehicles on my MVUM. Should I be safe to assume its open and not gated then? Or will only showing up and attempting tell?

Thank you all, and I'll ask more questions and keep yall updated as I go :)

PNWSubie