Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

What do suggest is the best way to find all these streams and rivers?and legal access?
Looking at your details on the left shows you live in Idaho??? Kind of right in the center of trout and steelhead mecca. Your local DFW should be able to help you out with access rules/regs/laws but google maps can point out blue lines. The rest is up to you.
If your ever in Peck stop in on The Red Shed Fly Shop and tell Poppy I said hello.
Will do, thanks

Reactions: eriefisher

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Effingham, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
I definitely got into overlanding so I can fish more. I've spent time fishing for trout and other species in the southeastern US. But, I would like to get out to "The Rocky Mountain Flyway" and spend a couple months in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana and Idaho. I'm getting old now and I have mobility problems. I want to get out as much as I can while i'm still able.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I'm currently the Campground Host on the eleven point river in the Mark Twain National Forest, Missouri. (Greer Crossing) This is a blue ribbon Fly Fishing river fed by a 50 degree, 220,000,000 gallon spring. It's amazing. We have no internet access but I make some trips out of the river valley to catch up. Hundreds of folks have put in here at the ramp and there are 19 primitive camp sites with walking distance to the river. Canoe's and Kayaks are available up the mountain at Richards Kayak, Alton Mo 65606. We have potable water and vault toilets. $10 night, first come first serve. LOL
417-778-1963
C'mon down. Fly Fishing Paradise.
Zim

DSC08111.JPG

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

I'm currently the Campground Host on the eleven point river in the Mark Twain National Forest, Missouri. (Greer Crossing) This is a blue ribbon Fly Fishing river fed by a 50 degree, 220,000,000 gallon spring. It's amazing. We have no internet access but I make some trips out of the river valley to catch up. Hundreds of folks have put in here at the ramp and there are 19 primitive camp sites with walking distance to the river. Canoe's and Kayaks are available up the mountain at Richards Kayak, Alton Mo 65606. We have potable water and vault toilets. $10 night, first come first serve. LOL
417-778-1963
C'mon down. Fly Fishing Paradise.
Zim

View attachment 263051
Tempting.

AHW

Rank I

Contributor III

Riverside, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Warm
Live in so cal. Fished a lot of the eastern sierras growing up but all lake fishing with a spinning rod. Would love to dive into the world of fly fishing. Only time I’ve ever used a fly rod was to euro nymph on Lake Crowley. Doubt that even counts.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

JPM78130

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Joe
Last Name
McGlothlin
Member #

If anyone needs assistance, ideas in Colorado, please reach out!! I am a fly fishing guide in Colorado. david@kens-anglers.com
Hey David, I typically get to CO a few times a year to fish. Most of the time I fish the Animas and Uncompahgre. Are you more Denver/Springs area? I’ve wondered about that area. My wife has family in and around Colorado Springs and we’ve talked about heading to that side of the divide for some fishing, I just don’t know the area. I’ve only fished the Rio Grande on the east side.
At home I fish on the Guadalupe River. I’m only a few miles from where trout are stocked but tend to target native species here because the trout water gets super crowded.

Chaoswest

Rank II

Enthusiast II

i guide out of the Front Range. So, the South Platte Near Deckers, Dream Stream, Clear Creek, Blue River. The fishing in the Front Range can be crowded because Deckers/Dream Stream are close to Colorado Springs. Winter fishing is pretty technical so you have to be ready for skinny tippet (6x,7x) and tiny flies (22,24). Let me know if you get here!

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Looking for some Nevada OB members that have a little insight to Pyramid Lake in the coming weeks. We're departing OR on the 16th, and heading off to the south. Plan on a couple days at Pyramid before heading into Utah. I've fished it before in March, but need to line up ladders... any ideas? Lost contact with my OB Nevada connection... Scott, you still here?IMG_2224.jpeg

Reactions: Jeepin It Simple

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

I definitely got into overlanding so I can fish more. I've spent time fishing for trout and other species in the southeastern US. But, I would like to get out to "The Rocky Mountain Flyway" and spend a couple months in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana and Idaho. I'm getting old now and I have mobility problems. I want to get out as much as I can while i'm still able.
Amen to that.. Now getting up in age and being diagnosed with an “ism”it’s amazing how much more you appreciate getting out even if it’s just standing in a stream admiring the sounds,trees and oh yea,fish. And even better if there is a bad road to get there.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeepin It Simple