Flathead Lake, Whitefish, Kalispell, Glacier NP

• HTML tutorial

Echelon

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

We are headed from Spokane WA and camping up at Flathead Lake night one, then up to Whitefish night two, then we are staying in Kalispell two nights and traveling into Glacier during the day. This is our first visit to the area is there any must see areas that we should check out or fun things to do in the Kalispell/Whitefish downtown areas?

Reactions: Retinens803

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
We are headed from Spokane WA and camping up at Flathead Lake night one, then up to Whitefish night two, then we are staying in Kalispell two nights and traveling into Glacier during the day. This is our first visit to the area is there any must see areas that we should check out or fun things to do in the Kalispell/Whitefish downtown areas?
Whitefish has been a micro brew town, way before craft beer was a thing. I grew up in Kalispell. Hungry Horse dam is worth to stop. House of Mystery is kitchy cool. There is a bear rescue place on the way to West Glacier. West side of Flathead lake is M&S meats...some of my favorite jerky comes from here. Also on the west side past Elmo is Chief Cliff. You can see what looks like a praying Lady on the edge...good stories of this place.

Electo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Ascaso
We are heading out to do a similar trip this month, August, any must see spots that we might not know about. It will be our first trip into Glacier NP.