Wanted Fj80 tail light guards

• HTML tutorial

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I'd be reluctant to install tail light guards. From what I've seen, they are usually attached with fairly fragile mounts, often using the screws that go right through the tail light lens or tucking in near the edge.

I've absolutely destroyed my paint with branches, some of them enough to dent the sheet metal, but I've never even cracked the tail light lenses. I even got hit by a Land Rover LR4 that left a significant scuff right on the tail light lens and caved in the rear fender and door - it still didn't break.

However, the tail light guards are very likely to snag branches or focus impacts onto a small area - which increases the chance of it cracking or breaking. If you won't be in the deep brush or just want them for cosmetic reasons, I'm sure they will be fine.

Brock

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I have a set for sale if you're interested. Came off a 1997. Good condition. Could use a coat of paint.

Located in Southern California

Make me an offer.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I'd be reluctant to install tail light guards. From what I've seen, they are usually attached with fairly fragile mounts, often using the screws that go right through the tail light lens or tucking in near the edge.

I've absolutely destroyed my paint with branches, some of them enough to dent the sheet metal, but I've never even cracked the tail light lenses. I even got hit by a Land Rover LR4 that left a significant scuff right on the tail light lens and caved in the rear fender and door - it still didn't break.

However, the tail light guards are very likely to snag branches or focus impacts onto a small area - which increases the chance of it cracking or breaking. If you won't be in the deep brush or just want them for cosmetic reasons, I'm sure they will be fine.
For these reasons, these are commonly referred to as "damage multipliers".
Sorry @Brock. They look ok but serve no functional purpose IMO.

Dan

Reactions: JJsanchez

mr bill

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fair Oaks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6UDL
I have a set for sale if you're interested. Came off a 1997. Good condition. Could use a coat of paint.

Located in Southern California

Make me an offer.
how about 10 each and 6 for shipping? zip 75628 paypal good?