05silverado

Rank I

Contributor III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Saige
Last Name
Pellegrin
Quick question hopefully someone can help me out. I’m currently on a 6inch lift turning 24s on 35s with no problem. I want to take the lift off and be able to turn 35/12.50/20. What will make it possible for me to do that without having the 6 inch lift??

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Ummm, on what vehicle? And you don't want 20"s (much less 24"s) for an actual off roading including Overlanding.

-TJ

Reactions: Old Tanker

05silverado

Rank I

Contributor III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Saige
Last Name
Pellegrin
Ummm, on what vehicle? And you don't want 20"s (much less 24"s) for an actual off roading including Overlanding.

-TJ
I don’t do too much off-roading. Only time i do a little bit of off-roading is for deer season. And even then it’s very seldom that i drive my truck. It’s a 2005 chevy silverado 1500. The 24s were for more of a look that i liked. This is what it is right now.

Attachments

orange01z28

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bennett
I think you have to keep some lift on a Silverado to clear the square wheel wells

I think switching to a 17 or 18 inch wheel on 35” tires would be a big visual change

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I'm a fan of Silverados, mine came with 20"s stock, I immediately changed them to 18"s and now 17"s after the Solid Axle Swap. As for yours, I agree with ditching some of the front lift to level it. The only time squat should happen when off roading or Overlanding is for a 10-200.

-TJ

Attachments

05silverado

Rank I

Contributor III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Saige
Last Name
Pellegrin
I'm a fan of Silverados, mine came with 20"s stock, I immediately changed them to 18"s and now 17"s after the Solid Axle Swap. As for yours, I agree with ditching some of the front lift to level it. The only time squat should happen when off roading or Overlanding is for a 10-200.

-TJ
The truck has no squat in it. it’s 6in in the front and the back. I want to come down at least two inches but ik that’ll make a big difference on whether i can fit the 35s or not.

05silverado

Rank I

Contributor III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Saige
Last Name
Pellegrin

-TJ

-TJ
A5DEBA5D-B886-4418-B09C-1B2226FA812B.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
To keep 35’s without a lift you will have to cut your fenders.
how much will i have to cut i don’t mind rubbing a little bit just don’t wanna take my whole bumper off
If I wanted to put 35’s on my 1989 bronco (as an example) without a lift, I would have to trim about 2.5”… since your truck barely clears 35’s with a 6” lift, you’re going to have to trim at least 6”, if not closer to 8” to get the tires to tuck up correctly at full bump stop.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Generally speaking you need 6" of lift on the square wheel well Silverados to clear 35s. You can get away with 4" with the correct wheels but you will need to trim the bumper and the rear of the wheel well. To run 35s with no lift you may need to figure out a way to clearance the foot wells (yes the front part of the cab) and basically run a large flared prerunner style fender and run a tube bumper with high clearance ends.
It could certainly be done and I think would look amazing, but you might be in for a lot of work.