First time... Denver to where?! 3 Nights and thinking heading to the North / Northwest

• HTML tutorial

duncanshannon

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Duncan
Last Name
Shannon
Hi-

I'm new here and am excited to just jump in my truck to start to see what I need for it! I live in Denver and have probably 3 (maybe 4) nights next weekend to get out and actually "overland" for the first time and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of places to go between Denver and some TBD destination to the north or northwest of here. I was thinking Boise as a destination but thats 12 hrs of interstate driving away which seems like it wouldn't give much time to get into the back roads. I spent some time looking at the map and maybe just heading out twoards Jackson, WY would be a good initial plan. Who knows, maybe I'll spend more time in Rocky Mountain National Park and not make it out of the state!

My 2013 F-150 needs new tires - maybe I'll get em this week.

I don't have locking rear difs and I'm not looking to do anything super agressive. Would love to get on the back roads and explore without any particular goals other than to drive around and see the beautiful countryside. I haven't made any mods yet.

So... if you have any roads, sights, or eats that you love generally in that direction, I'd love to hear em!

Thanks!