First test trip

• HTML tutorial

silens_87

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, CO, USA
Member #

Made our first overnight trip out using our new Smittybilt roof top tent and Frontrunner Wolfpack’s for organization this pst weekend. A little wind, a little snow, but had a great time working out the kinks before our Moab trip in a couple weeks!

Attachments

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yeah on the roof rack. I am considering making one for my rig. Just need to get my other projects fininshed first. This will be my 3rd season of overland type of trips. Haven't done a trip with any O.B. members yet, but maybe someday. I have taken the time to go wheeling with a couple from Texas a couple summers ago ( O. B. members). They wanted to wheel something while they were in my area and not go alone. I think that went very well. He had messaged me the following year but I was going on a trip while they were in town during the time.

I like your set-up. Roof top tent and all. I have a sleeping platform for overland trips. It works well. I am currently building a off road trailer for the future.

Hope to see some of you adventures and if you ever want some company and the stares align. I'm always looking to get up there to explore.

Reactions: silens_87

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

A collapsible camp table-type setup will be first and maybe some duffel bags to contain sleeping bags, bedding, etc.

A full-length roof rack will definitely be my next big buy.

Open to ideas too!
With your tent can you leave most of your bedding in it? I have a inexspensive duffle type bag for the top of my roof when I go overlanding. It holds quite a bit of gear.

silens_87

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, CO, USA
Member #

With your tent can you leave most of your bedding in it? I have a inexspensive duffle type bag for the top of my roof when I go overlanding. It holds quite a bit of gear.
A lot of bedding stays, a large duffel would be for sleeping bags and anything additional depending on the weather.

What kind of duffel bag do you have?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

A lot of bedding stays, a large duffel would be for sleeping bags and anything additional depending on the weather.

What kind of duffel bag do you have?
It is a cheap one but works very well. It is a Husky version of the roof bag. Works well for me but really isn't some thing your looking for. DSCN2348 (1024x768).jpg

Eddiebrs

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, Az, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Barrows
Member #

Made our first overnight trip out using our new Smittybilt roof top tent and Frontrunner Wolfpack’s for organization this pst weekend. A little wind, a little snow, but had a great time working out the kinks before our Moab trip in a couple weeks!
Great set up you got so far. +1 on the full sized roof rack. I made one for my SUV out of conduit and sprayed it with bedliner. I’ve had it almost 2 years now. It’s solid as hell. What water jug is that you have?

silens_87

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Loveland, CO, USA
Member #

Great set up you got so far. +1 on the full sized roof rack. I made one for my SUV out of conduit and sprayed it with bedliner. I’ve had it almost 2 years now. It’s solid as hell. What water jug is that you have?
It’s a 3.5 gallon WaterBrick. They stack and lock like LEGO’s and fit perfectly behind the front seats in the foot well