Fire Pit - Flame Genie FG 19

• HTML tutorial

cerberus

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Austin, MN
Member #

I recently purchased one of these to add to the campsite approx. $160. Start the fire with an inch or two of pellets, fire start gel and light. Initial pellets last about 32 minutes and then add a few handfuls every 20 minutes. 40lb bags of pellets are around $4.220180701_133332.jpeg20180701_133522.jpeg0 and a 16oz bottle of fire starter gel is around $3.99. This eliminates the need to bring or find firewood and os self contained.

Size is 19x19x16.5. Two sections that pack together.

I find that this is easy to haul, and eliminates needing to find locally sourced fire wood in your travels. Plus this burns with minimal smoke.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using OB Talk mobile app

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

You should show them what it looks like all packed up.

So far I was really impressed with this product. The amount of heat that comes off this is amazing!

Plus, the coals stayed super hot for hours after the fact. With most state parks or camp sites asking for 6.00 or 7.00 for a bundle of wood (5-6 logs) that last for maybe 30min, this is product and the pellets it uses are a steal.

Looking forward to using this on our first true overlanding trip coming up this weekend!

Hans Sommer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arroyo Grande CA
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

Are the pellets like the kind you put in a Trager grill and Can you cook over it or use wood if you want?

cerberus

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Austin, MN
Member #

It is the pellets you put in a pellet stove so they are much cheaper then trager pellets, but i am guessing you could use them if you didn't want to bring 2 different kinds. It says not to cook over but if you let the initial set of pellets set to hot coals it is more than hot enough to cook over. I would probably not do wood sticks due to wall thickness of the metal may not hold up long term.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rubicon72

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

@cerberus

How much space does this actually take up though? I mean that as in, from before you had it to now how much room have you lost? Maybe it's just the photos but it looks a little bulky. Cool and practical but looks bulky lol.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

It basically stores inside of itself. You can also keep product inside of it like pellets. If you look at the picture above, the lower part is removed and stored inside of the upper bowl. I was surprised on how well everything fit.

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

@Rubicon72
The photo you are describing Is either not showing or didn't load. I can only see the two photos @cerberus has displayed.​
Since I am terrible at getting pictures when we actually use this fire pit, I found a video that will help answer your questions. You can see how it is stored and how it unfolds. Hopefully this will help you out.

wadeadavis22

Rank 0

Traveler I

USA
First Name
Toni
Last Name
Holmes
Member #

Be enraptured by the entrancing blazes while adding a warm shine to your yard, campground, or outside experience. Fire Genie's without smoke and sparkle free highlights make it the ideal lawn, stream-side, or wild fire pit ally for every outside devotee.
Effectively amassed and handily lit, the Fire Genie's smoothed out plan and straightforward activity give happiness surprisingly fast. Its productive utilization of pellet fuel makes the best fire pit Genie helpful, convenient and not expose to kindling transportation limitations. Amplified by auxiliary burning, the Fire Genie's charming noticeable flares and generous warmth yield never disappoint.
Unwind with true serenity realizing that Fire Genie's debris skillet catches debris and guarantees security. At the point when the fire goes out, it's out - there's no stress over sudden ignition

Reactions: Rubicon72