Launch Member

Enthusiast I

1914 Chantilly Lane, Salisbury, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Doane
Member #

I’ve got 2 toddlers (almost 2yrs and 3.5yrs) we are in Salisbury NC... looking for an overland campsite, with something near by to do for the kids too. Any suggestions helps big! I’m in a stock gen4 4Runner.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Your best bet is going to be Uwharrie. If you stay off the crazy hard trails you should be alright. Don't be afraid to shy away from state parks either. My kids have a blast just hanging around the camp site and playing in the woods.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I’ve got 2 toddlers (almost 2yrs and 3.5yrs) we are in Salisbury NC... looking for an overland campsite, with something near by to do for the kids too. Any suggestions helps big! I’m in a stock gen4 4Runner.
Uwharrie is certainly a great option. Badin Lake Campground is a good place for a trail run. It has lakeside predetermined spots. Hot showers, power outlets, fire ring, hiking trails, and bathrooms. $10 a night to stay and you can reserve online.

I have a 18 month old so I can vouch for it. I also have been using this campground since I was a kid.

Just an FYI, It can be crowded on weekends during certain times a year.

Hope this is helpful!

Happy Trails!

Obscure Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

I'll be heading up near Asheboro next week with my family. Unfortunately, we will be taking a pop up instead of a tent this go round with the In-Laws going. A lot to do in that area. Uwharrie is there if you need a trail fix and the Zoo is always an option for the littles! We have a 6 y/o and 2 y/o. Have fun and happy trails.