Fabrication Shops near Camarillo, CA (One that works on Lexus LX470)

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Camarillo, CA, USA
First Name
Dakota
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Hello All,

I am new to this, but noticed that there were people who lived in and around Camarillo. I want to get into overlanding and getting my rig setup, right now my first two priorities are the suspension and engine.

Does anyone know of any good fabrication shops specifically a good shop for suspension? I have a 2001 Lexus Lx470 and the stock AHC suspension is shot and needs to be replaced. I've done a little research and found the the Old Man EMU (OME) and ICON setups, leaning more towards the OME for the price but all ears for any advice.

Thanks to all advice in advance.

Reactions: 805LX470

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Hello All,

I am new to this, but noticed that there were people who lived in and around Camarillo. I want to get into overlanding and getting my rig setup, right now my first two priorities are the suspension and engine.

Does anyone know of any good fabrication shops specifically a good shop for suspension? I have a 2001 Lexus Lx470 and the stock AHC suspension is shot and needs to be replaced. I've done a little research and found the the Old Man EMU (OME) and ICON setups, leaning more towards the OME for the price but all ears for any advice.

Thanks to all advice in advance.

@DakotaPeterson

I can't advise on any shops in your area. The "right" suspension will depend a lot on your intended usage. For me I needed something that would give a 2-3" lift for running trails but still well mannered on the highway even when towing. I can say that my 4runner runs very well with the OME BP51 system and that I would go with it again in a heart beat.

If you're planning for desert and sand runs then ICON or King setups may be better.

Boort