Vikki

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ellijay, GA, USA
First Name
Vickie
Last Name
Burkr
I was in a bad ATV accident in sept 2018, was not expected to recover or live. I do have a trach but not forever. Since I started back to driving my Jeep I can not stay out of the forest. I feel so natural and love nature. Have camped alone in the woods which upsets my family they are worried about me, I’m not!! I feel like I had a second chance at life and nature adventures and some rough driving, also meeting new people with the same plans is fantastic to me. I live in Georgia and spend so much time Driving off road in the mountains. I live in Ellijay and jeeps are a big thing up here also belong to Jeep clubs. I enjoy them but my goal is to enjoy others and nature not have the biggest or prettiest Jeep! Anyway, can’t wait to figure all this overland bound group out and how this site works and head out. Soon I hope see ya out there!!!

Attachments

Vikki

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ellijay, GA, USA
First Name
Vickie
Last Name
Burkr
My only concern about it is I am married but hubby works all the time and doesn’t really enjoy camping. He doesn’t mind me doing it but this kind of thing scares him for my protection. I don’t think of any harmful people out there all though. I have a protective dog but any other suggestions for bad situations. My biggest is a break down and no communication out in the woods! Glad to hear any ideas!

Reactions: Pindal

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

My only concern about it is I am married but hubby works all the time and doesn’t really enjoy camping. He doesn’t mind me doing it but this kind of thing scares him for my protection. I don’t think of any harmful people out there all though. I have a protective dog but any other suggestions for bad situations. My biggest is a break down and no communication out in the woods! Glad to hear any ideas!
If you are worried about off grid communication to home I would look into the Garmin inreach. While yes they can be and get expensive with the subscriptions they are fantastic. We have used one in the past and are going to get our own so we can update family on our trips ( without having to drive forever to get service) and also if anything happens on the home front we can be notified.

Reactions: Pindal

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
Hi Vikki! I did some mountain biking in Eilijay, specifically at Mulberry Gap, such nice people and great place to play outdoors. Now I am a few hours north of there in TN. You are in an excellent place to play outdoors, Chattahoochee Forest and not far from Cherokee, Nantahala or Pisgha Forest.