Launch Member

Contributor II

Cedar Hill, TN - Enumclaw, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Fyke
Member #

Hello fellow PNW OB'ers... is the main road in Evans Creek,WA (46°56'37.0"N 121°58'20.8"W) a place that is friendly to standard clearance 4x4 Vehicles? From what I am seeing on maps, the main fire road that runs through it seems to be pretty clear and smooth. I do it for the views and the hang, not the challenge. Thanks -Matt

Last edited:
Reactions: Eustonpete

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

Yes 165 is very well maintained. It also provides access to Mowich Lake, which is a part of Mount Rainier
Killer views, as almost everything (up to the NP boundary) has been forested.

Photo attached from 2 weeks ago
NPIMG_8640.JPG

Reactions: MattF and MPLUTO

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Just went up 165 today. Closed 16 miles up. Does anybody know why it’s closed to Mowich Lake? Maintenance to the road maybe?

Very nice road though my first time up, next time hopefully I’ll be able to get to the lake.

MattF

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cedar Hill, TN - Enumclaw, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Fyke
Member #

Just went up 165 today. Closed 16 miles up. Does anybody know why it’s closed to Mowich Lake? Maintenance to the road maybe?

Very nice road though my first time up, next time hopefully I’ll be able to get to the lake.
I know that the bridge is out in Buckley, but I wasn't aware of any other closings on 165

CascadeTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynnwood, WA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ulman
Member #

The main roads through there should be fine for a stock vehicle, the 311 trail can also be run with a 4x4 SUV on 31s, I wouldn't run a truck length vehicle through those trails unless you don't mind body damage.